The most common question when people want a quality display is what the best monitor for photo editing is. The answer to this depends on personal preferences. However, selecting the best gadget relies highly on the specs it features as well. Our list named only top-five monitors that will surely enrich the quality of the owner’s work.
In fact, there are many people whose career is related to graphic and web design. These digital artists definitely need an HI-RES display to carry on their tasks without any issues. Low-cost monitors are suitable for normal users for watching movies and browsing the internet.The following article will go into the best 5 options you can get in 2017.
#1 Asus PA328Q ProArt Professional Monitor
Price – $924.99
Asus PA328Q is a good monitor for photo editing. It is geared especially towards professional photographers and designers. The wide gamut display offers well saturated, rich colors and best wide viewing angles. Professionals can work their magic without any hesitation with these impressive specifications:
- 3840 x 2160 px resolution;
- Eye care technology (suitable for longer working hours);
- 4K/ UHD visuals at 60Hz;
- In-plane-switching technology (there is more color on the screen so that users enjoy wider viewing angles);
- IPS panels (that might render a weak glow across edges).
Total score: 94
#2 Samsung U28E590D
Price – $486.26
Samsung U28E590D is a versatile investment with the impressive quality for digital artists. This is because it comes in two sizes. Enthusiasts can opt for either a 28-inch screen or go for the 24-inch one. Either way, the specs are almost the same. The only differences are visible at the price tag and the display panel type, the former being a TN while the latter is a PLS. Other specifications are:
- ULTRA HB quality with 8 million pixels and 1 billion colors;
- 4K content;
- HDMI Support (60Hz refresh rate);
- Mac and PC compatibility;
- sRGB of 100%;
- Full-color gamut;
- Body frame carefully designed to not interfere with the creative process;
- Matte black design with a metallic touch;
Total score: 92.5
Read Also: 10 Best digital cameras of 2017
#3 BenQ BL3201PH
Price – $119
The BenQ BL3201PH is the most recommended choice when it comes to a 32-inch monitor that delivers a 4K experience. The bezel is sleek to slip in any dual monitor set-up with no difficulties. In fact, the brand is advertising this asset as the first choice for professional designers. Check out the specs:
- Display with over one billion colors;
- 178 degrees viewing angle;
- Innovative CAD/CAM mode (it is almost impossible for users to miss a thing in this rich graphics information);
- Display Pilot (allocates the desired proportions for each software within the same monitor);
- The 32-inch screen can easily divide itself into customizable viewing areas;
- 60Hz capacity (it works wonders together with any photo editors).
All in all, this option is definitely a good idea if you’re looking for a great monitor to help you with your designer work and not only.
Total Score: 91
#4 BenQ 27 inch 4K PhotoVue Photographer Monitor
Price – $1,099
The BenQ monitor is a perfect photo editing monitor for all pro editors of all types. It comes with plenty of interesting specifications, such as:
- 2K or 4K resolution;
- 27-inch screen;
- 14 bit 3 LUT;
- Rec. 709;
- 99% Adobe RGB;
- 100% sRGB;
- 3840×2160 UHD;
- Hardware calibration with palette master element software;
What is impressive about it is the fact that it comes for half the price you usually find for such a monitor. The QHD option may cost you less, but if you want to take advantage of the best technology, you should choose the 4K version.
Total Score: 89
Read Also: Best Laptop for video editing
#5 ViewSonic VP2780-4K 27″ IPS 4K 2160p Pro Monitor
Price – $579.99
This Viewsonic product screams quality even before connecting it. The frame is in an eye-pleasing matte finish with non-intrusive logo. But let’s see what other things are hidden under its cover:
- Touch control buttons for a fast setting navigation (however, this area can be a little too sensitive in the hands of some users);
- No IPS glow;
- A pure, natural color which is perfect for any graphic designer;
- 3840 x 2160 pixels resolution;
- 1.07 billion colors;
- With the right 14-bit 3D table and pre-calibrated Delta, you can get even 4.39 trillion colors;
- HDMI 2.0 (which can support3840x2160 images at 60Hz);
- Display port 1.2a;
- Dual MHL connection for mobile devices;
- 4-port USB 3.0 to plug in lots of secondary devices;
Overall, this is a professional masterpiece worthy of a busy graphic designer and it might be the best monitor for photo editing.
Total score: 86
Why Photo Editing Monitors Are Different from Ordinary Ones
Professionals need special equipment for their Photoshop or other photo editing software. As you know, color-accurate monitors offer realistic reproduction of photographic images. However, the price and performance vary from one product to another.
For ordinary monitors, it’s hard to cut the fine edges. Therefore, you should get at least 1080p screens for photo editing. At the same time, the IPS panel should be absolute, and the color range needs to be at least a billion plus. If you see any photo editing monitors with these specs, you can consider them an ideal fit.
In fact, many people use different gaming monitors for photo editing. However, these can’t always deliver accurate vector paths for editing high-resolution images. This is why it’s preferable to switch to photo editing monitors to enjoy the full-fledged features for high-end editing.
Professional models have a high-end specification. Nonetheless, you should check whether it fits your budget. We’ve tested various professional displays to reveal the best photo editing monitors on the market, as you have seen above. For each of them, we’ve also provided a small review, complete with the price and our final score. We hope that this guide is comprehensive enough to help even the most undecided designers.
That’s it, folks! These five picks are boasting with top-notch technology that will not fail the professional eye of a digital artist. Especially in the creative industries, it is important to select your tools wisely. They will become the extensions of your career, so these are actually good investments in your own future. If you feel that this article is useful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.